Sunday, May 28

Week in Review, Week Ending 5/27/06

  1. I read the scriptures... turns out there were quite a few longer sections in there, but that's OK. I had to rush to finish the goal this morning, and I feel bad about that, seeing as how I used to finish my goal before I would even write them down. But the bright side is, at least I'm finishing them.

  2. I didn't make any recipes from the Mario Batali books. Instead, I made a recipe from Alton Brown's cookbook, and it turned out really, really well (although I should have served a vegetable with it). I also borrowed a book from the library (I think it's titled Cookwise) that was in Alton's bibliography, and went through, and marked a whole bunch of recipes in there. I'm going to transcribe them and use them, because there is a LOT of good stuff in there. I can't wait!

  3. I didn't do the FAFSA, either, since I'm going to have time to do the Culinary Arts course later on, and I need to concentrate on other things before I do that. Getting out of debt would be one thing, and I am going to have to get out of debt before I start throwing money at a college again.

  4. Not only did I fix the dining room chairs, I did it without using the drill! I am MacGyver when it comes to that one... for the really stripped screw holes that wouldn't be fixed (not even with the old matchsticks-and-glue method), I wound up making a strap from duct tape, and attaching the strap to the chair and the cushion. Problem solved, no special equipment needed! Woohoo!

No comments: