Thursday, May 4

Get on the Bus

Day 2 of riding the bus today. It's good to know that it's mostly the same people on the bus in the morning, so I can expect certain things, which is good. I'm also the only rider for the majority of the time on the bus ride home. I like that. I have to remember to bring a bottle of water for the walk home, though. It's a pleasant walk in the morning when it's 70ish, but when it's mid-90's, a mile walk isn't the best thing.

With the shift change and other things, I need to start making a list of daily tasks, so I don't forget certain things... like to clock in, which I'm forgetting again, which is a shame because I hate bugging the poor people in payroll with my missed punches. I think I've had one week where I hit the clock correctly all 20 times.

Anyway, I'm going to make a daily task list and then see if I can't make it my desktop background (through the use of a wonderful web page).

Oh, almost forgot: I have another project: A list of simple dishes that I can make with a basic pantry. For example, we didn't do a lot of grocery shopping this week (just got stocked back up), but I'm already feeling motivated to do some fine, fine cooking. Pasta w/marinara, pizza, sweet and sour chicken, and quiche are all on the list of things I can generally make without any issues or "special foods". I feel with a database, that will make food planning and preparation a lot easier, save trips to the grocery store, and help us build a customized food storage list.

No comments: