Sunday, May 21

Goals, Week Ending 5/27/06

  1. Read Doctrine and Covenants sections 10-20.  I'd best get started early on this, because I know that section 20 is long.
  2. Select one recipe from the Mario Batali series of books that challenges me, and make it.  I actually tried that yesterday with some homemade pasta, but for some reason, pasta is much, much harder to make than it appears.  I've only ever done it once before (about 5 1/2 years ago), and I had lots of help, so I don't remember exactly.  Perhaps there's a different recipe that comes with the pasta machine -- although I don't see how there can be 48 million different recipes for pasta dough.  Time will tell.
  3. Fill out a FAFSA just in case I want to take a culinary arts course at PCC this fall.  The timing will be weird with the arrival of the new baby and all, but I think I should be able to swing something.
  4. Fix the dining room chairs.  That's the only "I need a drill for this" project remaining, and it's a doozy.  Have to return the drill this weekend since we're going up to the parents' place for Memorial Day on Friday afternoon.

No comments: