Sunday, September 3

Making a clean sweep of things

Clean Sweep Assessment

I had done this before, but neglected to really track it. Again, since the birthday is coming up soon, I thought it would be good to see where I stood. I know the biggest challenge are for me will be "Money", as I have none at the moment, but even in there I can still do some things.

I've also noticed that some of the items in here are very general and could use some elaboration. More importantly, I've noticed that there are some items on here which would be true, I'm sure, if I paid more attention to them. Anyway, an interesting exercise, and although it's 3 AM now that I'm done with the post, I feel good.

  • Physical Environment: Total: 16/25

    1. My car is in excellent condition. (Doesn't need mechanical work, repairs, cleaning or replacing)

    2. My home is clean and tidy. (Vacuumed, wardrobes and drawers organized, desks and tables clear, furniture in good repair; windows clean).

    3. I consistently have adequate time, space and freedom in my life.

    4. I am not tolerating anything about my home or work environment.

    5. My work environment is productive and inspiring. (Synergistic, ample tools and resources; no undue pressure).

    6. I back up my hard drive at least monthly.

    7. My bed is made daily.

    8. I drink at least 2 liters of water a day.

    9. I have nothing around the house or in storage that I do not need.

  • Well-Being: Total: 18/25

    1. My teeth and gums are healthy. (Have seen dentist in last 6 months).

    2. My weight is within my ideal range.

    3. I have no habits which are unacceptable to me.

    4. I have just the right amount of sleep.

    5. I do not suffer.

    6. I walk or exercise at least three times per week.

    7. I hear well and protect myself from loud noises / concerts / music.

  • Money: Total: 12/25

    1. I currently save at least 10% of my income.

    2. I know how much I must have to be minimally financially independent and I have a plan to get there.

    3. I have returned or made-good-on any money I borrowed.

    4. I have written agreements and am current with payments to individuals or companies to whom I owe money.

    5. I have 6 months' living expenses in an easily accessible account.

    6. I live on a weekly budget which allows me to save and not suffer.

    7. I currently live well, within my means.

    8. My assets (car, home, possessions, treasures) are well-insured.

    9. I have a financial plan for the next year.

    10. My will is up-to-date and accurate.

    11. I am on a career / professional / business track which is or will soon be financially and personally rewarding.

    12. I am putting aside enough money each month to reach financial independence.

    13. My earnings outpace inflation, consistently.

  • Relationships: Total: 22/25

    1. I put people first and results second.

    2. I receive enough love from people around me to feel good.

    3. I have fully forgiven those people who have hurt/damaged me, intentional or not.


Total score: 69/100

No comments: