Sunday, May 28

Goals, Week Ending 6/3/06

Another vacation-shortened week ahead of me...

  1. Read Doctrine and Covenants 21-35. I think that's where the goal ends this week, but I don't have the book in front of me. I counted 20 pages though, which has been the average, and that takes me through Section 35. I'll take it.

  2. Determine what percentage of income we can save, and set up an account at HSBC online to start saving big. Many, many thanks to the 401(k) class for having taught me the reality of savings.

  3. Figure out what is going on with my 401(k) contributions and investments, and get those fixed, as well, to maximize my contribution. Since we're going to need college and stuff for the kids, plus retirement, plus a rainy day savings, plus having 6 months' income saved for an emergency, plus Christmas savings... yeah. The good thing is that we'll be able to dump them all in a "bucket" in that savings account, and have several "sub-accounts" (on paper only) to break them down, but they will all be earning interest together, which will maximize my money's earning power.

  4. Radical Mutual-Improvement Exercise #12 should be done by the end of Wednesday, as I set up my new cubicle. I can then move on to the other things on there. I feel good!

  5. Oh yeah, almost forgot, THE SCANNER COMES ON TUESDAY!! The paperless office is already set up on the hard drive, so I need to get important documents scanned, and then just start going through the file cabinet and getting things organized. Conversely, need to go through how we receive bills and make sure that what we can get online, is online, and we can save the HTML pages to the hard drive, rather than going and getting mail, then scanning it, then shredding it... etc. (Note to self: add shredder to list of things we need to save for.)


Needless to say, I'm really feeling excited about this week. I've never felt more in control of my life and finances, and it seems as if a lot of things are coming together, which I definitely can't complain about. We'll see how this week goes!

No comments: