Tuesday, July 11

Life Happens, Part II

I apologize profusely to Cris, to whom I had promised something with the statement "I don't have anything else to do tonight." Because oh yes, yes I did have something to do tonight. This is what I have accomplished since 5 PM:

  • Cooked and ate dinner while relaxing in front of the All-Star Game.

  • Found a substitute teacher for Primary on Sunday, and dropped off the manual.

  • Taught a darn good bass guitar lesson, if I do say so myself. This included collecting my student from his Tae Kwon Do class, as he had forgotten about bass tonight.

  • Dismantled the toddler bed in Elizabeth's room. Reassembled it as a crib in the computer room/nursery.

  • Went to the bank.

  • Ensured that I will be able to work for a little while when I am up at my parents' house. And by "work", I mean "make sure all the paperwork is turned in on time for me to get paid."

  • Dragged the bed frame and mattress into the house from the garage. Assembled it in Elizabeth's room, and rearranged the furniture that was displaced by the bed.

  • Swept the floor.

  • Did the dishes.

  • Assembled a huge ginormous pile of stuff that I need to take to work tomorrow.

  • Put that pile of stuff I moved out of the computer room into the garage. Covered all the electronic equipment with plastic so it doesn't get attacked by dust.

  • Packed one week's worth of clothing into a teeny tiny suitcase.

Great job, eh? Unfortunately, that's not all that I had to do. I still have to:
  • Return my library books to the library after renewing them twice and having them STILL sit on my desk, unread.

  • Switch the futon and the recliner, and put the boxes which will be in the futon's way into the garage. This will require two people.

  • Sort through the mail.

  • Call Michelle's boss and inform her of the situation and the fact that Michelle cannot return to work.

  • Pack last-minute items I will need tomorrow morning.

So yeah... pretty big day, pretty big day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mamma mia...che giornataccia!!!
Immagino che tu sia stanco adesso...ma sei proprio un bravo bambino...e sopratutto immagino che tu abbia scritto questo sul tuo blog, per avere una scusa ufficiale globale per non fare i tuoi compiti di italiano...ti perdono....perchè sei semplicemente great!!!!
pretty good guy...pretty good guy!
CRIS