Monday, July 10

Another interesting day

Today's project: the computer room.

BEFORE:



It was looking pretty junky -- bookshelves never got used (even after I fixed them), a couple of boxes that never got unpacked sitting uner the desk segment, a pile of paper in front of the keyboard, a printer stacked on books to elevate it over the piano that was plopped on the desk. We won't even mention the cords.

BEFORE PROGRESS GOT STARTED:

Right when I was about to buckle down to work, I got a sad phone call -- Michelle has gotten worse and was admitted to the hospital in Phoenix this evening after a lengthy stay in the emergency room for tests. She's going to be there at least overnight, possibly for two days. She's obviously going to miss her flight tomorrow, and hopefully the airline will accomodate her and move the dates of her trip. She needs to be in the hospital until her blood pressure stabilizes, and since that has always been somewhat of an issue with her, I don't see that happening anytime soon, especially with the advanced pregnancy. I feel very very bad that she is not going to leave on time for her trip, and I also have the sinking feeling that she is going to be sent home (to Tucson) with orders to remain on strict bed rest for the remainder of her pregnancy. That's really sad, because I know she was looking forward to going out there and spending time with her family.

Really tough situation. I think this means that this one is going to be our lats child. We were planning on stopping for a while, but Michelle has had a relatively difficult pregnancy this time around, and I'm not sure I want her to go through that again.

Anyway, I'm awaiting word from her -- she's supposed to call tonight -- to see what the next step is, and if I need to go up there. If they get her stabilized and the flight can be moved, it won't be necessary. If I need to come collect my wife, then obviously it will be. Yikes.

While I was waiting for updates and watching the home run derby on TV, I managed to get the room straightened up to the point of acceptability and get the kitchen cleaned up, too. I finally ate dinner at about 10:20 PM, and am sitting here now too awake to sleep but not really motivated to do anything else.

More news tomorrow as the story develops.

No comments: