Sunday, July 9

It has begun

16, maybe 17 days of nose-to-the-grindstone, pedal-to-the-metal productivity here. As an extension of a previous (missed) goal, I'm sitting down now and dividing my goals into two categories: inside goals, and outside goals. The "outside" goals are things that take place outside, of course, and the "inside" goals are things I can do in the house (i.e. with the cooler running). I'm making a list of dependencies, as well, so I don't wind up doing things in the wrong order... I can just go through and get things done systematically. This way, I know where I stand, and most importantly, I'll always know what exactly the "next step" is going to be.

OUTSIDE TASKS:
  • Clean garage

  • Resurface front yard

  • Resurface back yard

  • Resurface alley

The good news about these is that they are more or less non-dependent on each other. However, accomplishing some of the inside tasks is dependent upon a clean garage, so that's the only foreseeable obstacle.

INSIDE TASKS:
  1. Clean bookshelves in computer room

  2. Unpack boxes in computer room

  3. Empty borrowed totes

  4. Unpack Arizona room

  5. Level the dryer/put wastebasket in laundry room

  6. Install shelf in laundry area

These are numbered because these are the things I need to get done in a certain order. Everything else is non-dependent, or dependent upon a certain number of steps being completed (in parentheses).
  • Child latches on cupboard doors/replace bumpers

  • Make plans for office after baby is born (4)

  • Repaint dining room to get rid of grease spots on walls, put a chair rail up

  • Various writing and music creative activities

  • Scan cookbooks

  • Assemble vital documents

  • Plan and assemble 72-hour kit

  • Plan and assemble one month food storage

  • Install shelf above sink in bathroom

  • Replace crib with bed (4)

  • Install phone jack in master bedroom

That's not too much for 16 days, is it? We'll see how things get going, and I will be able to keep a daily update as to my progress!

No comments: