Friday, July 28

A Game of One-Upsmanship

Well... it doesn't get much better than tonight. We were invited to a friend's house for games with another couple that we usually hang out with. It wasn't a friend's house, it was one they were house-sitting. And I wouldn't call this a "house", either. This house is 7500 square feet, and easily... easily over $1,000,000. The kitchen was entirely commercial grade, the TV room was obscene, the pool was great. They even had a trampoline in the back yard, flush with the ground. I don't think it was made for a 200-pound man doing butt-drops on it, though. :-) I hit bottom once; not a good feeling.

So yesterday was the day of doom for driving, and I thought it was going to be the story to top all stories. Not so. My friend, who works at a bank, was robbed a couple of weeks ago. Pretty scary experience for her, and I don't blame her one bit.

Anyway, a good time was had by all, and I got to test out the new windshield wipers on the way home... it's indeed monsoon season.

No comments: