Friday, June 2

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

After two more successful days of taking the bus to work, I have decided to give my poor, aching legs a rest and drive. Well, maybe it was my legs making the decision. We are in a situation where I might only have the usage of the car for the next 4 weeks or so as it is, so I am going to take advantage of little breaks like this while I can. And still get my money's worth from the bus pass...

We are at a monetary crossroads -- we are at a point where I am basically forced to get a second job so we can meet expenses. And it's not like we're living beyond our means, either... we have two cars (and two car payments), and the insurance on those is unfathomably ginormous (don't know why, either), but other than that and the cable TV (which is geting cancelled today) we have no luxuries and are still barely scraping by. THE PERILS OF DEBT!! STAY OUT!! Also, get good health insurance so hospital bills are kept at a minimum... glad I'll be able to re-evaluate my plan in a couple weeks and keep those bills down -- especially with the new baby coming in September, we are going to be in some serious trouble if anything goes haywire. Heck, we're already teetering on the brink of serious trouble as it is.

Still haven't gotten the laptop from work yet, hopefully today will see that happening, so I can get that configured over the weekend. The all-in-one printer has arrived, but I haven't really had time to sit down and get that going how I would like to. It's installed, and it works, and everything, it's just that its arrival has signalled the start of a project I have for the restaurant, and that is a very time-consuming project. Time I don't have with Elizabeth acting up all the time these days. If only I had DVD decoding software on the computer, I could get her to watch Baby Einstein in the computer room with me while I scanned documents...

I did speak to my "sister" and she is doing better. I'm glad for her. What's really awesome is that I get to speak with her on a spiritual level, and share things about the Gospel with her. She really gets it, too, and that lifts me up emotionally and spiritually. See, it's not ALL about money...

No comments: