Saturday, June 10

Goals? What goals?

Busy week here... I actually just clocked out from finishing all of my assigned work. Bringing work home is a double-edged sword: I really enjoy working and getting the overtime, but I don't like having to spend so much time away from the family. I guess the good news is, once September rolls around, I'll be able to go back to working eight hours at the office, with minimal working from home. I like that.

Call me a moron: in order to keep the hit counts on my site from getting artificially inflated, I haven't been visiting as often. And without visiting, I don't know what my goals are. So, I wind up going into a "crunch" on Saturday morning, trying to get things set up so I can accomplish at least some of my goals this week. While I'm watching the World Cup, I'm going to mark recipes to scan so I can get that done later this afternoon.

I had a moment yesterday where I was completely frustrated with speaking English. I'm fairly fluent in French, and learning Italian, and know some simple phrases in Tamil, but I rarely have the opportunity to use them, as my Italian pen pals keep flaking out and disappearing, and my French pan pal writes very infrequently. Tamil does not make sense to me as it is a completely different language than I have ever tried to learn. Hopefully I'll be able to find someone with whom I can more frequently practice my Romance languages.

Internet keeps cutting in and out. I hope that this isn't a sign they've finally gotten around to turning off the cable (we cancelled it last week)... I want to watch as much footie as possible. I'm rooting for France and Italy, by the way, but I think Germany has a really good chance, as the host team has generally done well in the past two Cups, and they just completely annihilated Costa Rica yesterday.

No comments: