Sunday, June 18

I tried updating, but...

I tried updating earlier with my goals, but the browser crashed... sigh.  Suffice it to say that I need to read my scriptures to a certain point, I need to use PocketMods more, and I'm in a holding pattern with any major paperwork until the wife and kid go on vacation.

So:  I'll find out tomorrow if France has a chance on earth of advancing to the knockout round.  With Italy, it's simple:  they just have to score as many goals as the Czech Republic on Thursday.  They can still advance if they lose and cannot cover the goal differential with Ghana (Italy is currently +2, Ghana is 0).

For the USA, it's more complex.  They need to win, but winning alone won't cover it.  They need a win and one of the following things to happen:
  • Italy wins, OR
  • Italy draws and the US covers the GD with the Czechs, OR
  • Italy loses and the US covers the GD with Italy
So, needless to say, I'm going to be glued to the TV on Thursday, and really just rooting for Italy to win.  The US has played very poorly, and besides, I'm not rooting for them anyway.  Italy just needs to show up on Thursday, and I'm expecting them to, although the Czechs might just give them a run for their money, given Italy's lackluster performance against the Americans.

No comments: