Sunday, March 5

Week in Review, 3/4/06

Busy week! Let's get to the goals...
  1. Read the Bible. I'd just like to reiterate that it feels good to read the Bible every Sunday morning, even though I'm not "studying" it per se, it's a good thing to do.

  2. I DID get KeyNote and the mystery file over to my work computer... just didn't get a lot of work done on them.

  3. Got the majority of the bookshelf in the bedroom packed up. There is a LOT more stuff on there than I imagined, and I never thought it would take 2 boxes to get it done.

  4. Did the bookmark thing at work... and then e-mailed the file home to match it at home, as well! Awesome!

  5. We decided to go month-to-month and see what happens... there is a guy at work who may be renting ahouse at the end of April for $710/month, which we can afford, and it's a nice house in a good area. But we will see how that goes, and we're not going to give up on Sister Curtis either.

That's it for the scripted goals, now here are the unscripted goals...
  • Had an eye appointment on Saturday, and scored two new pairs of glasses! It's so nice to have been able to do that, and Michelle was able to get glasses, too. NICE glasses.

  • Moved the super sound card into this computer. The living room has been put back into its original configuration, and the piano is back in here. This way, we have freed up space in the bedroom for boxes, and maintained my ability to fart around on the computer musically when I want to... which has been often recently, but with the computer shenanigans, almost impossible.

  • Came up with a Great Borrowed Idea(tm)... instead of having paper everywhere, have a scanner hooked up to scan all the important stuff, and keep it handy on the hard drive. WOW! What a great idea! This would keep a lot of the clutter out of our apartment, and make it more easy to pay bills on time, because we're still struggling with that. Unfortunately, the scanner I have doesn't work all that well... we'll see if Mom hasn't any ideas, since she's the one who gave it to me.

  • Reading the Book of Mormon every day and I feel GOOD. 'Nuff said.


The Boggle project and the Mystery project somewhat stalled... I did some work on the mystery novel, but it was hard to be motivated this week, as there were so many other things on my mind. The problem is, the writing part feels like WORK since I am outlining the characters, still. I wonder if I can get by with writing a prologue and a first chapter, to make myself feel good about it... and maybe the last chapter as well?

No comments: