Friday, March 31

KYO's Benoît on downloading music

You can listen to Ben's comments here.

OK, it's in French, but what he's saying is that the downloading of music is "drowning the development of new music", and that people who download music do not have any respect for the artistic process. I can see where he's going with this (he obviously thinks it's stealing, although I didn't hear that specific word in there).

As a musician myself and a former download addict, I do think that online radio and places to "audit" songs (for example, pandora.com) are the way to go to discover music that you really like when you're of an age and maturity to actively search it out (look at the demographic that radio generally appeals to, and you'll see that my observations are right).

And for the respect thing, I totally respect Ben and KYO -- I know that when I was their age, I could never do anything like that. I do wish that thrie music was more easily accessible here in the USA.

---

On another note, I just heard Emma Daumas' song that she collaborated with Ben on. Wow. It's more of a standard pop song, but between this song and her work with Hanson on "Someone", she is going to be a pop force to be reckoned with for at least the next five years.

No comments: