Saturday, January 7

SUCCESS!!!

More mundane details on the near-completion of the Boggle project...



I finally pooped out around 1:30 AM, with the project still unfinished. I slept until about 7:30, then got up and got right back to work. I remembered that I could watch variables, and finally solved the issue with my dice selection routine.

It was tough, though: the test words that I had chosen, along with the order I had chosen to enter the dice into the system, were making two out of my three test words completely invalid: the program was finding the correct dice on the first pass for 'ABDOMINALLY' and 'PRECONDITIONED.'

It was up to my third word, 'ACCOMMODATING', which I knew was an invalid word (due to C and M occupying the same die), but was also unknowingly throwing my testing procedure off due to the double consonants... also out there was how I was handling the word list... very, very sloppy on my part.

Anyway, I'm currently running the process in the background, and should have an update shortly with final results, sources used, and other interesting stuff.

No comments: