Saturday, January 14

Goal review: Week Ending 1/14/06

I did good this week. Scripture reading was accomplished Sunday morning as usual, and I'm looking forward every week to spending the time doing that. It's been a while since I've done any sort of regular reading of the Scriptures, and this is a nice way of easing back into it.

Went to the gym on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday this week. I did the weights and the elliptical machine on Tuesday and Thursday, then did the treadmill only on Friday. I'm liking that routine, because it got me into the mindset that, yes, getting up at 4:45 AM is productive and beneficial. I'm not even that tired when I get home.

Took pictures to and from work one day to make a movie, and I didn't realize how dark it was in the morning. OK, that's not true, obviously it's pitch black at 5 AM when I'm leaving for the gym, but man.. the camera isn't very good for close-up pictures -- it takes everything almost at a wide-angle perspective. Therefore, my shots of traffic lights and street signs were just red dots and green stripes. Oh well. I did manage a movie of myself driving in the afternoon, but I don't know how to incorporate a video into Windows Movie Maker -- it just made it as a still shot of the first frame.

Not only do I have a setting for the story, I took some time and described the town that I am setting it in: its characteristics, "personality", and such. It was a good way of remembering the town where I grew up, and also a good exercise in creative writing.

Next week's goals up tomorrow.

No comments: