Sunday, April 9

Week in Review, 4/8/05

  1. Read the Bible. Probably the longest it's ever taken me to do it, since I technically finished it this morning, which is outside of the goal period. But, I did complete the goal.

  2. I packed a bunch of stuff in the kitchen, only to find out that Michelle needed some stuff for this weekend. Who knew?

  3. We did find the moving checklist, however, Michelle has hidden it on a website to where I have forgotten the password.

  4. Stuff in bedroom still needs to be packed.

  5. Never did figure out what that fifth item was...

In addition to all this, the music listening project is almost completed... I have listened to or either have on reserve all the CDs from the top 100 of the list, putting me at or near the 20% mark. (I need to be at 33% to finish by the end of the year.) I am getting more aggressive, although it is difficult to listen to so much music in such a little time.
The BPM project was much more easily implemented at work, so I did it there... and promptly exhausted my "up-tempo" (120+ BPM) playlist by listening to it all day. What a wonderful invention. I loved listening to a wide variety of music. Now, what I need to do is, get about, oh, 700MB of music from my computer at home to my computer at work, so I can enjoy more music at work.
I have also started looking at "Once a Month Cooking" more seriously, borrowing a book called Frozen Assets from the library. It has good tips in there, and I think it would be nice to implement something like that, maybe not on a "cook-for-the-month" basis, but to at least have some homemade frozen meals ready to go in case neither one of us feels like cooking. Simple things, like spaghetti sauce, pizza dough, cookie dough, meatballs, etc. Just keep a supply of those onhand in the freezer, as homemade frozen staples.
I think that's it for the week... oh, no wait, there's more. The band got together and recorded some stuff on Wednesday night, and Kent laid vocals down at home. We got one really good song out of it (I would like Kent to re-do the vocals on "At All"), "Fall", and it sounds demo-worthy. I would love to be able to record that professionally, but more importantly use this to get a gig somewhere.
Also considering upgrading the blog to more of a website feel, since I am now writing more things than just goals and journal entries in here. Get back into the writing groove. Back to music for a bit: I am using my growing music library to make mixtapes for other people, and I would like to post those so they can be preserved for posterity.

Fin.

No comments: