Tuesday, April 18

Updating on Scripture Reading Goals, week ending 4/23/06

I figure if I didn't post this soon, it was never going to get done.


I have (mostly) completed last week's goal, having underestimated how deep into 1 Thessalonians I needed to read.  I now need to read to Hebrews 3 by Saturday evening in order to complete my goals for this week.


It is nice to see that, 16 weeks into the year, I am mostly through the New Testament.  It will take me about 16 weeks to complete the Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Price, which I am looking forward to, and then the remainder of the year will be dedicated to reading (selections from) the Old Testament.


A short note on the "invisible other half" of the reading project:  reading the Book of Mormon.  Due to many aborted attempts at reading it earlier in the past couple of years, I decided to start a little bit past the beginning, with the book of Enos.  I am currently in the middle of Alma 30, and reading 1-2 chapters a night.  I am confident that I will finish the Book of Mormon this year and accomplish my overall goal of reading the entire Standard Works in one calendar year.


Powered by Qumana


No comments: