Monday, April 3

Musings.

I've found myself embracing minimalism for a long time, and I am looking forward to moving so I can really take the chance to just completely rid myself of things that I don't need. I've eschewed my rather large CD collection for the opportunity to purchase music online (a large hard drive helps out a lot). I'm using the library a lot more for my book-reading needs. I'm just trying to keep everything down to nice and simple. I like simple.

On a side note, baseball season has started today, and MAN, do the Dodgers look good. Even though they're losing 8-5 right now to Atlanta, they look like a really good team. I love Opening Day. There has been baseball on TV for 5 hours now, and I get to be home and enjoy it instead of at work trying to catch up on scores on the Internet.

I kow we're getting a fairly decent-sized house (1200 square feet), but I am treating it like a much smaller space, so we can really maximize its potential. I've got Michelle talked into using the "Arizona Room" (I prefer to think of it as an enclosed patio, which it really is) as a den, with the bookshelves out there to act as an artificial wall to the washer and dryer. We might even get to keep the dining room set out there, because I am really looking forward to having some nice get-togethers out there, rather than having to go to other people's houses because we are in a somewhat cramped apartment.

That monster.com commercial, where people look so excited to be on the job? I seriously can't think of a job I would have where I would react like that. I think this job is one of the best I've ever had, and I still can't wait to get out of there at noon every day, and it's very hard for me to get the computer turned on to work from home. I think I'm going to have to talk to Michelle about me working until 1:30 and then coming home, with her working from 2-5 every day. I can tell you, that would probably be a lot easier, because right now, with working 7 straight hours without a formal break, I am getting burned out pretty quick near the end of my day at work, and any time after 11 AM is barely productive for me.

No comments: