Tuesday, February 14

Ongoing project update

I saw a list of Rolling Stone's 500 Top 500 Albums Ever, and decided to start work on that, one or two albums at a time, and see what I can do. I'm using the public library as a resource for this project. I went through and marked all of the albums that I currently own (I'm keeping the list on my wiki), and it's kind of depressing, that I own next to nothing of them. What do you mean, Rush isn't on there at all? Very depressing.

At least my favorite rap group of all time, Public Enemy, has three albums on there. I feel good about that, and don't really need the excuse to listen to PE.

Currently I have checked out Beach Boys "Pet Sounds" and Sinatra's "In the Wee Small Hours." I've never really listened to much Sinatra, despite my heritage, and WOW, this is really good. Of course, many would say it's his all-time best album, and I don't blame them. I'm about halfway through it, and it's a keeper.

--

Another project is, someone at work has asked me to think of words which are 10 letters long but do not have any repeat letters, i.e. 10 unique letters. This is as good a time as any to whip up the old Boggle project program, and this isn't going to take any four hours to get done. I'll have the results of that one up shortly, I expect.

No comments: