Saturday, February 18

Goal review, week ending 2/18/05

  1. Read the Bible again. I really enjoy that, because it helps me get in the mood for church, and it does make my week go a lot better.

  2. Yes, I survived the campout. Took us a while to get to the site (near Green Valley), but we got set up, cooked burgers over a campfire, and just had a good time. I purchased a sleeping bag and pillow on sale from the local sporting goods store, and was able to load up my old missionary grocery backpack with some good stuff. I walked to the church from the apartment (just under a mile), met everybody, and we were off. I woke up at 4:45 (my usual time, argh) and got up and walked around outside for a bit... it was so clear and bright out, it was really peaceful and amazing. This morning, before setting off, the boys played paintball, and then we had a gun safety class (it was a Boy Scouts campout, after all) -- I got to shoot four different kinds of guns, and it was not as bad as I thought it would. I still have respect for guns, that's for sure, and have seen what they can do (well, to cans... and to one person), but I'm not as opposed to them as I used to be. I am definitely interested in the whole "survival" aspect of camping, and not just using it as a recreational experience. Got me a nice sunburn, too -- in the middle of February! That's worse than the one I got in November. At least I had my winter hat pulled down over my ears, so it's just my lower face and neck that got mildly burned, but still... in February!

  3. The Cannery was also a good experience, although it is a shame, because some of our youth don't really seem to have respect for their leaders. Oh well... that will come and I can only hope and pray to do my best.

  4. For some reason, I can't post to the classifieds at work. I need to fix that. I do have the ad all ready to go, just need to put it on there!

  5. Did absolutely no writing this week -- I've been sick and not really with it. I would like to make more productive use of my "down time" during the day when it's just me, and Elizabeth is asleep, instead of just aimlessly surfing the Net.

  6. No progress on the bookmarks since I spent most of the time this week working from home, due to being sick.

  7. Somewhat learned the songs on the piano, but I need to listen to the songs. I have a CD of them -- somewhere.

No comments: