Sunday, October 22

Tolkien vs. me

Three weeks... ah... well, figured I'd start with the shortest post, so I can get myself back in the swing of things. Life is catching up with me as I struggle to catch up with life.

Book-reading? I've spent the last... six? weeks trying to get through Lord of the Rings -- just the first book, mind you -- and I just can't do it. Granted, for the past three weeks I've been driving to work instead of walking to work, because I couldn't afford a bus pass this month, so I've lost my time to study Italian every morning, and I've also lost my reading time on the bus. I've tried taking some time at work, but really, I just can't get into this book, and it's the third time I've tried.

J.R.R. Tolkien 1, Me 0. And that's how it's going to have to be.

No comments: