Thursday, November 23

I have nothing to say.

But, after getting thrown up on tonight and with both kids asleep and everyone else perched in front of the television, I have really nothing else to do. I've read up enough on Jericho, and the constant buzz of background noise, coupled with my fatigue, is enough to really block any sort of creative juices from flowing right now. While STephen is recovering very nicely from his bronchitis, I think that he may be somewhat allergic to the cat here, and he is not sleeping well at all. Very noisy and I was up constantly last night. I got some sleep in the recliner during the day today, but other than that, I am found wanting, as I have proceeded to eat myself into oblivion.

There's a talent show coming up in one week for church... I've decided on doing a solo bass guitar rendition of O Holy Night. I'm excited, as that has been one of my most favorite Christmas carols for a long time, even if I don't know the words all that well. I'm not sure if I will be intruding upon a ward tradition by playing that; generally it's not Christmas in the ward if Ssiter Halula doesn't sing it in her operatic voice. Not that I have anything against that, but I generally don't like being stuck in ruts. I have big ideas, or so I think, and acting on them is very important to me.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to be doing some shopping for Christmas... Home Depot has a sale on a set of really nice power tools, so hopefully I'll be able to do what I want to do, and get some custom furniture and accessories made for the house. I'd really love to get the booth for the dining room taken care of, so we can get rid of the dining room set, or at least put it into storage until we need it again.

We'll see what happens.

No comments: