Friday, September 1

Choices I've made

So basically I'm fed up with the direction my life has been going recently -- granted, a lot of it has been not under my control for a while now, but... I am working to change that. Firstly, I've decided that I'm not going to be intimidated by anything anymore. That's an emotional response that I feel that I can control. I don't think I'm currently intimidated by anything in specific, but I know that there are some things that in the past have caused me concern, and I feel that I can conquer that.

Secondly, I'm getting the six-pack out of the fridge. I just took a health assessment this morning, and that (and my clothes, heh) suggest that I could stand to lose a few pounds. So, I'm going to work on getting the fat out of my diet, and out of my body. That means more exercise as well as a better diet. So, I'm going to figure out a way to get me some exercise, instead of constantly making excuses as to why I don't get it done.

Thirdly, I'm going to make an effort to be more useful. What does that mean? It means that I'm going to be less lazy and more productive, and really apply myself to the things that need to get done around the house and in my life. I know that's something I can easily take care of: things like fixing the front door (it's crooked), getting things taken care of out in the AZ room to make it more of a fitting office for me, getting my scriptures read, and most importantly, not half-assing anything I do. I've been able to get by with that, but it's a new month, a new week, and most importantly, a new year (for me at least)... I should be mature enough to motivate myself and get the job done right.

This is somewhat disjointed, I know, but it's really something that needs to get done, and I'm sick of stewing about it.

(EDIT: Holy poop on a stick, that's a lot of typos.)

No comments: