Wednesday, September 13

And now a life update...

Hey look at me! I'm a Zoo Tycoon! Well, at least I'm getting there, having received the game as a gift on Friday, and having spent a couple of days fiddling with it, playing through the tutorials and some scenarios. Pretty neat stuff, really entertaining. Eventually I might have time to sit and work some more on it, but I've been really busy as of late.

On the second job front: still no word from anybody, and of course what hit me last night was that it would be much easier for me to work an extra hour a day than go find a second job. And, just as profitable, actually. There's plenty of work for me to do at work, so I will focus on that, and when that goes away, it will be time for me to get job #2. But I don't believe that that will be sooner than six months from now. Problem fixed at my end!

I feel bad for my poor wife because sometimes I can get very wrapped up in things. Case in point: Checked out Agatha Christie's "Curtain" -- a book I have been meaning to read for a long, long time -- from the library yesterday. Of course, I finished it last night. My wife got upset with me because I wouldn't "put the book down and acknowledge that she and my daughter were in the room". Well, what I want to know is, my daughter was climbing all over me, and all my wife was doing was watching a baseball game on TV, which I could do while reading the book! Where's the problem? Great book, by the way. I'm not going to count it as one of the 25, as it's not on the list.

And I really need to get caught up with my scripture reading, too... starting the Old Testament this week, if I recall correctly... I can still make my goal of reading the entire Standard Works in one year, but I have to play a bit of catchup. I can do it, though... just need to focus and put my nose to the grindstone, as it were.

I can unequivocally state that I am making progress on the whole "Clean Sweep" thing. Other than the two I updated earlier, I can also add "My workspace is inspiring, tranquil, etc." to the completed side of the fence. I have rearranged my space at work again (with a nice new flatscreen monitor, woohoo!), as well as finally moving my computer space out of the nursery and into the back room, which not only allows me to work more often on the computer, but I can also get up early and get some daily writing in.

Of course, since I dropped my cereal bowl this morning after sleepily staggering into the bookshelves, maybe getting up earlier isn't the greatest thing in the world. :-)

No comments: