Wednesday, September 20

Getting Things Done

I'm getting things done. Honest. I'm just not writing about them.

Once again updating first thing on Sunday morning was thwarted by something unexpected: in this case, it was spending the night in the hospital with Stephen, who had an apnea episode on Saturday afternoon. A little scary for everyone involved, but we all pulled through successfully.

So: catching up on the eternal black hole that is my scripture reading goal. I'm working on it, it's a matter of staying current with my reading (I started the Old Testament last week) and catching up where I'm lacking (mostly in the Doctrine and Covenants). I also need to set a number-of-pages-per-day goal to finish the Book of Mormon this year to keep me motivated. It's not that I'm not motivated to read the scriptures, it's that I tend to make time for other things first.

Lots of projects going for me right now, as usual. I've got most of the first chapter of my murder mystery written, as the other book is necessarily on hold until some people actually return my interview questionnaire. But re: the murder mystery, I've got a good concept, and a good setting, and am working on the character development right now. Best yet, I've already got a killer, a victim, and a motive. I've been writing longhand as I can actually do this while in the living room, or while I'm waiting for Elizabeth to fall asleep. This eliminates the excuse of me not having enough time, or resources, etc.

No comments: