Tuesday, December 5

Recapturing some of the magic

It's time for Animaniacs / And we're zany to the max / So just sit back and relax / You'll laugh till you collapse / We're Animaniacs!

I downloaded got the first few episodes of Animaniacs on DVD yesterday, and spent this morning reliving some of my better TV-watching moments from my younger days. It's pretty cool to watch all of this stuff; in fact, it's the hardest I've laughed at something on TV or in the movies in a long, long time. That says a lot, seeing as how I don't care to watch TV or movies all that much. I need to get my hands on some more episodes, maybe even the whole first couple of seasons, so I can share them with everybody.

On a slightly-related note, I'm anxious for a career change. Not that my current job hasn't been good to me and my family, but I'm just not creating anything at my job. I figured out that that's what is at the bottom of my desire to be a cook -- the act of creating things for other people to enjoy. I made my first bûche de noël (Yule log) this weekend, and it went over well enough that I'm going to make one more for my friends at work, and another one for my mother's birthday, coming up in a couple of weeks. It's good to know how to make them, because they're really good, but they're also very expensive (I think about $15 for a small one) at the local French bakery. Also, with practice, my skills improve. :-)

No comments: