Wednesday, December 6

Indignancy

Dennis Miller once said something to the effect of: "You know you're never more indignant in life than when you are shopping in a store you feel to be beneath you and someone mistakes you for an employee."

Well, I've never had that happen to me, but I have had an "almost"... I've decided to start dressing better, and not short-changing my reputation or first impressions on the basis of a t-shirt with a nifty slogan ("I'M BIG IN EUROPE") and some baggy jeans. So, it's mostly nice pants (sometimes jeans), a collared shirt, and a sweater if the weather warrants (which, recently, it has been).

Last night I went somewhere, and if I wasn't "dressed up" per se, I was at least dressed better than I usually have been. And I still felt underdressed for the function I was at. Sigh... no win for me this time around... :-(

No comments: